Sunday, August 28, 2011

15 months

[I will add pictures to this post later.]

I can't believe my little man is 15 months old. It seems like he was just born a few weeks ago! His stats are:
Weight: 20 lbs even [12th percentile. First time in his life he has been above the 10th!]
Height: 29.25 inches [2nd percentile. Short little guy]
Head Circumference: 17.75 inches [9th percentile.]
So he is holding steady at short and skinny, but his head is more in proportion.

He still wears 9 month size clothes for the most part, but 12 months are finally starting to fit him well. At least if he's wearing cloth diapers. They are still pretty big if he's in a disposable.

Jake is so smart. I can't believe the things that he knows and understands.
  • He still really doesn't talk. (He says dad when referring to Tyler, but doesn't really say mama for me.)
  • If we ask where mom/dad/grandma/grandpa are, he will look at or point to that person.
  • He can point to his nose, eyes, ears, mouth, belly button, toes, feet, and shoes.
  • He can bring me an object when I ask for it. We practice by putting things in a pile, and I will ask for something specific. He even knows deodorant!
  • He signs water, milk, please, more, and all done. (He will occasionally sign dad, but only when asked.)
  • He still loves to shut doors. I'm starting to suspect he is slightly OCD. If he sees an open door/drawer/cupboard, he has to close it. It's like an impulse. He will go into a room, go straight to the open thing (even if it's just a crack!) and close it.
  • He loves the cats. A little too much.
  • He loves to swim. He is very close to being able to doggy paddle on his own, and he has no fear of the water. He prefers to swim by himself, but obviously we can't let him yet. He also won't wear a life jacket. He HATES them.
  • He loves to spin in circles until he falls down.
  • He gives kisses and hugs on command. And he is very compassionate. If I pretend to cry, he will come over and give me a hug and a kiss.
  • His favorite place to be is outside.
  • His favorite person is Tyler's Grandma Marje. He gets ridiculously excited when he sees her.
  • He sleeps from about 730 pm to 730 am. Those times vary a little, but he usually sleeps 12 hours. Lately, though, he has been waking up at night again and wants to sleep with us. I think he has nightmares. =(
  • He is starting to play pretend. He will pretend to sleep, and then look up at me and laugh. He also pretends to eat whenever he gets his hands on a spoon or fork.
  • He can occasionally eat with utensils. He's not very good at it, but he likes to try.
I might add more to this later. I have it all written down, but of course I don't have my notebook with me. He is a very smart little boy, though. He is the best problem solver I've ever seen! I'm a little nervous to have two so close in age!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Cute! N has started to love cats a lot lately too. I took her visiting teaching the other day and the girl had a cat. I turned my back for one second and N was down the hall and under the lady's bed trying to get to the poor cat. Luckily it was a nice one! We will busy Mamas! At least you for now are living near lots of help :)