Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 12

Let's get the belly pic out of the way, shall we?


Left side
Right side


The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

This is courtesy of babycenter.com. The baby is the size of a lime! I keep calling Mooch a "he" or "Mooch." We will find out the first week of December if Mooch is really a he or a she!!

The pictures are showing me getting bigger, but I really haven't noticed a change in my self. I am hoping to start showing for real soon!

Today, I went to Target to get a filing cabinet. I got the filing cabinet. And filing folders. And clothes hangers. And a mop. And a sewing machine. And thread for said sewing machine. Target is wonderful. Now I am learning how to thread my sewing machine so I can learn to sew with my sewing machine. I am hoping to make a bumper and the bedding for when Mooch is born! Wish me luck - I've never used a sewing machine before.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I loved the updates from babycenter. It was fun to see what fruit or vegetable they compared the baby too. I forwarded the emails to the grandmas too cause they got really excited about all the changes. You are cute for taking pics of how your belly grows. I wish we would have done more of that. Are you wearing very many maternity clothes yet? doing the rubber band trick for your pants? I remember getting a maternity dress to wear to your wedding so I would feel like I actually looked more pregnant than just having a belly. It was lots of fun. Hope you guys are doing great! We still need to get together some time... maybe have you over for dinner before all the holiday craziness or after...

Taffers Dawn said...

1. your 11 week pictures are amazing! you do have a bit of a bump but you look skinny girl! Nice! I love the 12 weeks pic. I love you bump! I still can't believe it girl but I am sooooo excited!! You are so cute!