Sunday, November 8, 2009

Nice Long Update.

Ok, so here are the belly pics!

I don't look so hot in these ones, I just threw on clothes and took the pic before showering.
I don't really look pregnant in this one.

I look way more pregnant in this picture than I think I do in person.

The baby is about 3.5 inches long, and ways about 2.5 ounces. And s/he has their very own fingerprints! I am getting so excited to meet our little one. His/her heartrate is usually between 120 and 145 when I check it, unless they are moving a lot, then its in the low 150s. If we go by the old wives tale on heartbeats, then it's a boy! It will be fun to find out if that is true or not. It's really fun to use the doppler now, because we can hear the baby moving! It sounds like little blurbs. And I nearly always start laughing when I hear it, so I have to take the doppler away so I don't burst the speaker. We scheduled our big gender ultrasound for December 1st. That's only 23 days away! I seriously can't wait. I have to distract myself all day to keep from thinking about it.

I have been thinking that what I am feeling MIGHT be the baby moving. I have talked to a few women about it, and they say it sounds like baby movement, but I'm a little skeptical because it's so early. On the other hand, I literally have a pain tolerance of ZERO, and so I am able to feel just about everything. So what I am feeling is in my low abdome (very low like behind my pubic bone and a little above it) and it sometimes feels like a tiny muscle twitch, and sometimes it feels like a bubble is popping inside me. I felt a "fluttery" feeling, but only once. It started last weekend, and has become more frequent since. (I feel it at least once a day, but usually 2-3 times.) And I feel it both when I am feeling bloated and when I'm not, so I am certain that it isn't gas. It COULD be my uterus contracting. The doctor said that it would do that as it stretches, and would likely do it through the whole pregnancy. But when it does that, I usually feel cramps similar to menstrual cramps. But he could be right. It's very hard to tell. My cousin says that as the feelings get more distinct and I'm able to tell for SURE that it's the baby, then I will know whether or not what I am feeling now is the baby or not. So I guess it will be a few more weeks until I know for sure. Until then, it's fun to imagine that it's our little one playing.

Um, there's not much to report. I have lost a total of 7 lbs, as of Wednesday. And I fit into my pre-pregnancy pants again now that I am not bloated all the time. It's a lot more comfortable to wear them with the button, and sometimes even the zipper, undone. I bought these things called Bella Bands. You can see them here. They generally go for $30-40 apiece, but I got two of them at babysteals.com for $28! (This is actually a really cool website. They update every day at 9:30 am, and usually have some REALLY cute stuff for babies and for moms! It's nice because it holds my pants up, and it just looks like I have a tank top on under my shirt. (I'm so glad the layering look is still "in.")

I have been counting down little countdowns so that it makes waiting for our little baby more bearable. 23 days until the big ultrasound, 37 days until my cousin's due date (her baby is breech though, so her doc has talked about doing a c-section at 39 weeks, which means only 30 days away!), 41 days until we leave for Gardnerville (Tyler got the whole 2 weeks off, so we get to go on a nice LOOONG vacation!) and 47 days until Christmas!! After that I will probably count down to my b-day, then Valentines day (even though we don't really care about it), then Tyler's birthday, and then FINALLY baby day!

Well, that is pretty much all that has been going on! We are just trucking along. We have been talking more about our future (Tyler MIGHT not want to do podiatry anymore) and we have a few other options, all of which are REALLY exciting and I will talk about them when things get more concrete. Let's just say we might get to live in the Reno/Gardnerville area after all!

2 comments:

Jessica and Boston said...

It's so crazy that someone my age is going to really have a baby...the right way! It blows my mind! Fun to keep up with the progressing weeks on your blog!!

jLGRAVES said...

we should all goto chicago lol just kidding