Saturday, July 4, 2009

Proud to be an American

"Hence we say, that the Constitution of the United States is a glorious standard; it is founded in the wisdom of God. It is a heavenly banner; it is to all those who are privileged with the sweets of liberty, like the cooling shades and refreshing waters of a great rock in a thirsty and weary land. It is like a great tree under whose branches men from every clime can be shielded from the burning rays of the sun. . ."

-Joseph Smith




Even with all the terrible political drama. With all the illegal aliens. With all the poor and suffering. With all the sick and afflicted. With all the unemployed. Even with the depression, and our current president. I am proud. I am proud to be a CITIZEN of the United States of America. I am so glad I was born in the USA, where people have died to ensure my freedom. I am sad that that freedom is hanging on by a thread, but I am grateful to have it, nonetheless. I am proud of each and every one of our troops, and our veterans. I am grateful to those who died to give this country, and everyone in it, its Independence.

I'm grateful to live in a place where I am free to choose my religion. Where I have the RIGHT to vote the person of my choice into office. Where I have the RIGHT to choose my career, my lifestyle. To have the RIGHT to decide how many children to have, and what to name them.

I am grateful for the many, many things that I take for granted every day. As poor as America is right now, with all who are suffering, we are still SO MUCH more blessed to be here, than most other countries.

I am grateful for the US Constitution - without which our Country would be in an even more dire state.

I don't agree with the current state of the US, and I desperately hope that things will change, to start looking up.

Nevertheless,

I am proud.

No comments: