Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Global Warming is my Friend

I really like to look at the snow. It's pretty, and white, and makes everything look so clean and pure. In all practical ways, I really hate the snow. I would love it if it only snowed on the grass and on top of things. If the roads and sidewalks and cars were clear, it would be fantastic. It would be even BETTER if it could be snowing at 70-80 degrees. I would really, truly love the snow if this were the case. Here's another thing - I really like snowboarding (except that I fall everytime I get off the stupid lift) but I don't like the snow.

It took me an HOUR to get to work today. I walked out of my apartment at 8:10 today. It took me until 8:25 to clear off my car, and get out of my driveway. When I tried to back out at first, my tires just spun. That was it. So I actually had to partially shovel the snow away so that I could get enough momentum to get out of my driveway. And then, the lovely city of Provo does not plow its roads. And of course, I live on a really quiet street. So I was maybe the 2nd or 3rd person to drive on the road, and it had been at least an hour since the last person had - the tire tracks were almost completely gone. So I was driving really slow. And I took the streets with all the lights, to be safer (and of course, all of them were red. I even had to sit through a few cycles of one of them!) and I finally made it to the freeway. Where I was going 40mph. And I got a tailgater! I mean, really, who tailgates in the snow?! I was all the way over, I was going the same speed as the car in front of me, and the jerk behind me was so close I couldn't even see his headlights. So I tapped my breaks (I was too scared to ACTUALLY break-check him, since my car had already partially slid just turning onto a street) and he just got closer! So, I'm only a little bit ashamed to admit that I flipped him the bird when he passed me. The road to my work was really not plowed AT ALL. So I slid practically the whole way down the road. I finally made it to work, and I can just say that for the first time, I am REALLY happy to be here! I am praying that it warms up a little to melt some of the snow so that I don't die on the way home.

So, I like looking at the snow - it's pretty. I love the idea of snow. But in reality, I am not a fan.

So tell me...what are YOUR thoughts on the snow?

1 comment:

Allie said...

Oh man, driving in the snow is not fun. I hope you don't die on the way home, too!