Friday, November 14, 2008

Freedom in America? I Don't Think So.

Sorry in advance, but this will be another rant-y blog. And my thoughts are a little scattered, I'm sure.

I am so ANGRY! I just read an article here: http://www.massresistance.org/docs/marriage/effects_of_ssm.html and I can't begin to tell you how frustrated I am. This article tells how teachers are passing out same sex marriage pamphlets and talking about same sex intercourse explicitly in MIDDLE SCHOOL! Apparently, a man was ARRESTED in Massachussets by his KIDNERGARTENER'S school, because he wanted to be notified when the teachers were discussing homosexuality. The school also said that they had no obligation to This doesn't make any sense. The parents then took it to court, and the judge threw out the case, saying that it is the school's :duty: to normalize homosexuality. You have to get a permission form signed when they do the "puberty lesson" in elementary school, and parents can choose to opt out. But you can't opt out of having your children taught about homosexuality? Here's a quote from the article. "Think about that: Because same-sex marriage is “legal”, a federal judge has ruled that the schools now have a duty to portray homosexual relationships as normal to children, despite what parents think or believe!"

The thing that makes me especially angry is that this is just opening the floodgates for the rest of America to follow suit. Now, don't get me wrong here. Yeah, I'm against same-sex marriage for this reason right here. But if that is someone's lifestyle, I could care less. Everyone says "why do you care? It's not effecting you!" But when you are protesting MY FAITH because CALIFORNIA passed a proposition and we happened to stand behind it, or describing same sex intercourse explicitly to my children in schools, THAT is effecting me. When you are shoving your beliefs down MY throat, like you say the LDS church is doing to you, THAT is effecting me. When you are busy celebrating "same-sex appreciation day," but say that anyone who wants to have "heterosexual appreciation day" is a biggot, THAT is effecting me. Make up your damn minds. You either want to be equal, or you want to be treated differently. STOP shoving things down people's throats the way you say everyone else is doing. STOP forcing America's children to learn about things that are NOT normal. Not everyone is going to accept homosexuality. And the way things are going, I'm getting more and more against it. "No on prop 8" people are showing their ignorance. People being ignorant and stupid is not what I'm about. Whether they're Gay or Straight.

Another thing that makes me SO ANGRY is that I'm just one person. I really can't do anything to change this. And I don't live in Mass, so people will say it doesn't effect me. But it does. I'm so fired up and angry right now, because it DOES effect me. Eventually, this is going to spread across America, and I can't do anything to stop it. If America is a free country, why can't we opt out of things like this? Why can't everyone just leave everyone else alone, and go about their lives? Legalize same sex marriage for all I care, but treat them normally. And by normally, I mean treat them how you would treat a heterosexual white individual. Because if we have any kind of "heterosexual" or "white" appreciation day, we're racist. Yet every other sexuality and race can have an appreciation day. Does this seem wrong to anyone else?

And it's a good thing that there are only a few people that read this blog, because I am SURE that I would be labeled a "homophobe" or a "racist" if a lot of people read it. I promise that I'm not. I'm just angry because they have all of these issues with equality, but when we treat them equally, they get angry. They don't want equality. They want to be treated like they are better than everyone else, and I'm not down with that.

I think that's all I have to say. If not, I will edit this later.

No comments: