Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend in Vegas

This weekend, Tyler and I went down to Vegas to help my dad with Christmas decorations, and for a mini-vacation. It was a lot of fun. We didn't really do much but hang out at my dad's. We got there Friday night, and went to bed pretty soon after. On Saturday, we got up and realized that there was no breakfast food. So, we waited for the Power guy to leave (he was installing a new thermostat) and then we got ready and left. We went to El Pollo Loco for lunch. I had never been. It was pretty dang good. Then we drove around a little. I showed him my elementary and high schools. (I know...really fun, right?) And then we went back to my house. After my dad got home, we all went to Barns and Noble and Best Buy, and then we had KFC for dinner. Yum! And then we decided to save the decorating until the morning. So the next morning, I got to sleep in until almost 10. It was marvelous. And then we got up and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and then did some rearranging and put up the tree and christmas village! Orly had a blast with the tree. She kept climbing up it. When we finally started squirting her with a water bottle (so she wouldn't break the ornaments) she didn't seem to mind! It was crazy. She was soaking wet and still trying to climb the tree. Every time I'd squirt her she'd run away, and then be back within 30 seconds. I'll have to post pictures when my dad emails them to me.

All in all, it was a really fun weekend. I'm excited to be back in a couple weeks!

No comments: