Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bird Feeder

I bought a bird feeder. I hungit on my back porch and filledit with seed. What a beauty ofa bird feeder it is, as I filled itlovingly with seed. Within aweek we had hundreds of birdstaking advantage of thecontinuous flow of free andeasily accessible food.But then the birds startedbuilding nests in the boardsof the patio, above the table,and next to the barbecue. Then came the poop. It waseverywhere: on the patio tile,the chairs, the table ...everywhere! Then some of the birdsturned mean. They woulddive bomb me and try topeck me even though I hadfed them out of my ownpocket.And others birds wereboisterous and loud. Theysat on the feeder andsquawked and screamed atall hours of the day and nightand demanded that I fill itwhen it got low on food.After a while, I couldn't evensit on my own back porchanymore. So I took down thebird feeder and in three daysthe birds were gone. I cleanedup their mess and took downthe many nests they had builtall over the patio.Soon, the back yard was likeit used to be.... quiet, sereneand no one demanding theirrights to a free meal. Now let's see.Our government gives outfree food, subsidized housing,free medical care, and freeeducation and allows anyoneborn here to be an automaticcitizen.Then the illegal came by thetens of thousands. Suddenlyour taxes went up to pay forfree services; small apartmentsare housing 5 families; youhave to wait 6 hours to be seenby an emergency room doctor;your child's 2nd grade class isbehind other schools becauseover half the class doesn't speakEnglish.Corn Flakes now come in abilingual box; I have to"press one" to hear my banktalk to me in English, andpeople waving flags other than "Old Glory" aresquawking and screamingin the streets, demandingmore right and free liberties.Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the governmentto take down the bird feeder.If you agree, pass it on; if not,continue cleaning up the poop!

No comments: